9.04.2007

Back from Mehico!

Well, the family vacation is over and now the blogging can begin once again. For those who don't know, the whole Newcott clan took a trip down the California coast to old Mexicana (that's Italian for Mexico). The important thing is that we're all back.
While I try to edit a little vacation home video, I thought I'd post a few little audio treats I found here and there among the many blogs I love to tune into to.

Here's a song by the 22-20s called Shoot Your Gun. 'Cause we all know a trip to Mexico is meaningless without celebratory gun shooting into the air.
22-20s - Shoot Your Gun

Ka-chow!

It was a long flight back home, luckily the direct TV's were on the fritz, so Jet Blue let us watch movies for free. Here's a great song about flying high called Flight 180 by Bishop Allen. I highly recommend listening to it in a dark room with headphones. It's a real cool one.

Flight 180 - Bishop Allen

Needless to say, so much family time definitely tired me out. Luckily, I was also able to spend a little time in Cali. Here's a song that kind of captures what being in California again felt like. It's by good old John Mayer.
Heart of Life - John Mayer

Is John Mayer not Indie enough for you? Well, neither are the The Killers really, but they understand with this ditty I never heard before called Indie Rock and Roll.
Indie Rock and Roll - The Killers

Surprisingly, I returned to find a beautiful day here in DC. SO here's one last piece to chill to by Donavon Frankenreiter called Beautiful Day.
beautiful day - Donavon Frankenreiter

No comments: