9.19.2008

Eternal Embroidery of the Spotless Mind

One of my favorite movies of all time is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
I thought, as long as I'm doing embroidery based on movie quotes, I owe it to make one for this.

This quote specifically has always stood out in my mind.



"Please let me keep this memory... just this one."

Photobucket

I wanted the text to reflect the earnestness of the plee itself, while also deteriorating as the message went on.

It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but the entire message is cross-stitched in different colored thread. So although the word "One" is hard to see, it's definitely still there if you look closely.

It was a bit experimental, but personally, I really like it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

i really like this one.

Rachel said...

hey, why didn't i see this before?? love it!