8.15.2010

New York New York

As of lately I've been spending much of my time in the Big Apple waiting to interview for my next job, which I should emphasize is not another position at 7 Eleven. I'm starting to realize again that it takes some time to find employment, but the bright side is that I have an entire city to explore, and it seems that New York has no shortage of delicious nooks and crannys to be lathered in the sweet butter of discovery. I'm not sure what that means, maybe I'm hungry?

Beth and I have already made a trip up to the old dilapidated World's Fair grounds which have been hanging around since the 1960's (minus the massive dinosaurs that have since been shipped off to who knows where).

Here's what it looked like then:
retro RAWR!

I must admit that the first time I made a visit to yesterday's "world of tomorrow" I was very young and mostly motivated by watching Men In Black. On this second visit however I realized how awesome it really is. If anything can make a massive 12 story high metallic sculpture of the earth even more magnificent it's the addition of a Mr. Softee ice cream truck making circles at the bottom.

I wouldn't want to meet this guy in a dark alley... or would I?

nom.

Here's a picture Beth snagged of the Indian family who asked me to take their photo:



And here are some of my lovely wuv:





I'm liking it here.

No comments: