1.27.2009

Making Up For Lost Time

If you're wondering where I've been for the past couple days, the answer is quite complicated. On Friday I had my last interterm class. On Saturday I actually drove to Arizona, and then drove back the next day. Then I started new classes on Monday.

Today I was faced with the dilemma of coming up with $4,120.20 by four o'clock this afternoon so that Biola doesn't kick me out of my classes.
I had hoped it would escalate into some type of "Run Lola Run" situation, but considering that I'm not capable of running half a block without wheezing, and that I don't have bright neon red hair, it wasn't nearly as exciting of an experience. Instead I just went to the accounting office and pleaded my case.
Oh money.

If you'd like, feel free to check out a little site I had to make for my Faith Film and Philosophy class over interterm (it's about zombies).
http://sites.google.com/site/braindeadphilosophy/

All this action has made me miss out on this year's oscar nominations. Considering what my last bad movie review was, let's see what Benjamin Button's up for...

Benjamin Button:
Best Actor- Brad Pitt
Best Supporting Actress - Taraji P. Henson
Art Direction
Cinematography
Costume Design
Directing
FIlm Editing
Makeup
Music
Best Picture
Sound Mixing
Visual Effects
Best Writing


Yikes.

I must admit, I can't say I had much confidence in the Academy. After all, need I remind you that the hit song "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" was deemed artistic enough to receive an Oscar.

In Bruges managed to get a nod with a best writing nomination as well, which is great, if not a little overshadowed by Benjamin Button's 13 nominations.

Oh well.

Dancing Japanese Cat's make everything better.

No comments: