7.07.2008

Commercials, Roommates, and Phil Collins

I found out yesterday that my new apartment-mate spells his name J-O-N, instead of J-O-H-N like any self respecting John out there.
I'm just still getting used to him being around, but when it really comes down to it, I'm mostly getting used to his ability to constantly talk and make noises. Not that it's a bad thing, but around the time he started singing the "Empire Today Carpet" commercial jingle for no particular reason I started to realize it wouldn't ever end.



He went on to sing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," then he digressed into some Phil Collins, and then talked about working out, and then back to Phil Collins again, I think. I don't really know, by that point my brain had started to register his voice as white noise.
Personally, I wanted him to get back to more Elton John songs. But that's just me.
I love that guy.

Maybe as much as I love these Ameriquest commercials.





I thoroughly enjoyed those.

But lets face it.
If there's any commercial jingle that will go down in the annals of history, I think we can all agree it's the jingle from Ring Pops.



If there's one thing I learned from my childhood Saturday morning commercials, it's that the only way to propose to a girl is with a lollypop on top of a sticky piece of plastic.
God bless you Ring Pops.

No comments: