6.15.2008

Beach Day and Cantaloupes

Today I went to the beach.

Then I got a phone call from my mother and ended up buying ten cantaloupes from the grocery store.

Somehow those two stories are probably related, but I'm too sunburned and tired to explain. I mean, it might just be me, but ten cantaloupes seems like a lot. Especially when you have to carry them back from the grocery store and up three flights of stairs to your apartment. That really is enough cantaloupes to start your own business. A thought which occurring to me would probably be a bad idea, considering that I'm imagining myself wearing a monocle and a top hat while tossing cantaloupes from a Rolls-Royce with a look of sheer bliss across my face.
It'll happen someday.

Here is a photo of the beach.


Here's a rather unattractive photo of me at the beach.


Here's a VERY attractive photo of my roommates Anthony and Micah at the beach.


Here's a photo of Anthony's girlfriend being forced against her will to apply sun-tan lotion to Anthony. At the beach.


And that was our day at the beach.
We also had sandwiches, saw seagulls and pelicans, climbed around the rocks, and I managed to be the only one to get soaked by a wave. It was a risk I was willing to take.

No comments: